Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is History
As I watch the TV today, I am so thankful for this nation in which I live.  I have been so blessed to be born in the "Land of the Free".  I can vividly remember watching my Grandfather's face as the flag was carried past his house on the Riverdale parade route.  I remember the impact that had on me.  We need to raise our children to be patriotic again.  I believe our children should be raised to love this country and to stand behind our leaders.  
Today is such a significant day in history.  Today, our first African-American president is being sworn in.  I wonder, do we realize the impact on our nation, our world.  Not too many years ago - our outgoing president and our new president couldn't sit at a counter and have a cup of coffee together.  This is progress.  
I hope this is the beginning of a world of true racial equality.  I hope this is the start of true change.  I watch my children and just hope for the best for them.  I want them to be good honest people who look at people's minds & hearts - not the color of their skin.  
I hope we as a nation can band together - work together.  This nation is amazing, anything can happen here - and anything does happen here.  I hope we can band together - regardless of our political position and be the greatest nation.  We all have to work and believe in America.
I am so proud to be an American.  I can't imagine raising my children in any other nation.  I look to my children's future with hope.

No comments: