Wednesday, July 15, 2009




Just a reminder that there are much bigger things in the world.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by life and the people in it.  I needed a reminder, someone else is at a bigger, harder time in their life.  The 'problems' in my life are pretty trivial really.  I am so blessed.  I have an amazing husband who LOVES me.  He loves who I am.  I am so grateful for Gaylen.  He makes me laugh.  I am so grateful for his protectiveness - I love that he is so quick to sooth and rally for me when I am feeling hurt or angry.   He is always willing to stand by me.  I am so blessed.

I have three amazing kids.  The most surprising is....they think I am pretty ok too.  I am so grateful for them.  I am grateful for their off hand comments that are so sweet and sincere.  I love them so much.  Patrick is always so quick to say "I love you Mom" and give me a hug.  I don't know - will he continue wanting to hug me as he becomes older?  Wyatt is so kind.  He always tells me I look pretty.  He thanks me for lunch as if I had spent hours cooking sloppy joes and potato wedges!  I tell Brenna 'you are a good girl' and she always responds with 'you are a good Mom'.  If I say I love you - she says 'I love you more'.  They are my joy.

"My cup runneth over." 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest post I've read in an age or two. Thanks for sharing a few wonderful things from your family

Bonnie said...

WOW! Very sincere Shannon. It made me think about my wonderful family and how thankful I am for them.

Shannon said...

Thanks guys. I think sometimes, we tend to overlook the support of people closest to us. :)

Love Family said...

that is such a cute post! You do have great kids and its because they learn from you!

Shannon said...

Thanks Ashlee. That is very sweet. :D