Monday, April 19, 2010

California

California
my Dad, Patrick & my sister Teresa
silly Brenna
Wy & Brenna on the Salt Flats
The Jelly Belly factory
Wy enjoying the sunshine
Golden Gate Bridge
cousins
Fisherman's wharf
me & my kids & the Golden Gate Bridge
enjoying the sunshine




everything was so green
This weekend, we went to California to say goodbye to Oma. It was a good trip though. We had a really good time. On the trip down - we stopped overnight in Fernley - the kids swam and swam. We went to the Jelly Belly factory - I LOVE Belly Flops! We arrived in Petaluma on Thursday, in time to attend the viewing. My kids were so amazing. They were all calm. We talked about Oma's body being like a glove - all that made her Oma was with Heavenly Father now. It was sad but peaceful - Oma had an amazing life - 97 years! I about came undone when Brenna took Oma's hand and told her how pretty she looked and how much she was going to miss her. She told her how much she loved her. It was such a tender sweet moment. I was able to see cousins that I hadn't seen in a LONG time - it was so good to have my kids play with my cousins' kids! It reminded me of our days - playing at Oma's. It was hard to go into Oma's kitchen - she always sat at the kitchen table - I missed her. I still do.
The funeral was beautiful - perfect. Oma's minister did an eloquent job. Some of the grandkids took a minute to speak - share memories of Oma. I decided a "Utah cousin" should say something. I don't remember exactly what I said - I just home I made sense.
The weather was perfect. It was absolutely beautiful. We all enjoyed the sunshine.
We decided to take the kids into SF - I don't know when we will make it back. We had a really great day in the city. We came back to Oma's and enjoyed some more cousin time.
We came home with my parents and my sister Teresa. It was a fun time. The kids swam some more and we had some good laughs...and cries.
All in all - it was the perfect way to say good bye to Oma. I am so glad I was able to take my family and pay our respects and say our good-byes.


No comments: