Wednesday, May 19, 2010



Fun, Fun Weekend!!


I love love love flowers - they were all so beautiful!!
Ghost town
Ghost town school building
Our friends - Jan & Dave.
We had a GREAT time!!!
I just loved this shot!!
Snake on a fence....
Jan & Dave
Us at the Jacob Hamblin house.
BEAUTIFUL!!!

We ran AWAY!!! My friend Jan & I have wanted to go to Tuacahn for a while - we just didn't know how to convince our guys that THEY wanted to go, too. We found our answer - Brian Regan. Have you heard him? Seriously, You-Tube him - you will laugh until your sides HURT!! AND his act is clean - he said "hell" less times than I do - I count that as clean!! :)

Anyway - so we planned a little weekend in St. George back in January. We had such a GREAT time!! We left not long after the kids got on the bus and headed south. We found an awesome little restaurant - Honolulu Cafe - excellent teriyaki (and I don't even LIKE teriyaki)! We went to a ghost town - had a BLAST!!!! :) We also hit Brigham Young's winter house and Jacob Hamblin's house for a little more history.

We laughed until we cried at Brian Regan. Tuacahn is a BREATHTAKING venue - seriously!! The show was fantastic - I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time - TOO long!! I was worried when the opening act came out - Gaylen didn't laugh until he was almost done. I didn't know if he would enjoy Brian Regan or not, but he did!! He laughed and laughed. We all did!!

I am SO thankful to Ashlee & Tyson for staying with the kids the first night. My kids had such a fun time. Thanks Ash!! And Tyson!! You have NO idea how much we appreciate it. Gaylen and I haven't been away together for more than a night in almost NINE (YES NINE) years!! We just had fun together. I also need to thank my Mom and Dad - the kids stayed with them Friday night. Mom carted my kids all over creation - orthodontist appointment, birthday party, talent show try-outs, Dinosaur park. WOW!!

Jan & Dave are SO easy to travel with - we laughed so much!! I am SO thankful for such good friends. I just hope we don't have to wait for another nine years to get away!!



3 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - good for you guys!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. And yes, ya do need to get away "alone" once in a while. Good for you!!

Love Family said...

You guys didn't waste a minute! I'm glad you got to do so many fun things! I wanna know where the little cafe is??? AND please, ask us again before 9 years go by!! How about before even a year goes by. We were happy to do it! Glad you had fun!